For more than a decade, Alliance for a Healthier Generation has worked to empower kids to develop lifelong, healthy habits, by ensuring the environments that surround them provide and promote good health. Healthier Generation, founded by the American Heart Association and Clinton Foundation, operates as an independent 501c3 non-profit organization guided by its own Board of Directors. As one of the nation’s largest children’s health organizations focusing on combating childhood obesity, Healthier Generation utilizes the best available scientific evidence of programs, policies and practices that positively impact healthy eating and physical activity behaviors among youth. Healthier Generation's work directly impacts more than 25 million children, with a focus on low-income and minority populations who are at increased risk for poor health, obesity and other diseases. To learn more and join the movement, visit www.HealthierGeneration.org.
It is the goal of Healthier Generation to fill employment vacancies with the most qualified applicants, whether recruiting internally or externally. Strong consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates. All internal and external candidates must comply with application requirements.
Please note: all application questions are required and any application without adequate responses will not be considered.
Healthier Generation’s unique and thriving culture capitalizes on the important role that professional development plays in increasing internal skill sets. The organization is committed to investing in personal and professional growth through inclusive, comprehensive learning opportunities and coaching, allowing individuals to build both technical and leadership capabilities. This energetic and creative professional works collaboratively across the organization to develop internal talent within the organization. Working alongside leaders and internal subject matter experts, this individual will provide content development, design, planning, and execution of internal training using adult learning principals and best practices. S/he analyzes, recommends and implements specific technology mediums to foster virtual adult learning and facilitate the collection and use of evaluation data to track reach and impact.
S/he will serve as an advisor on effective learning, training and employee development strategies to contribute to advancing culture and employee engagement as part of executing on the overall talent development objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead organizational development initiatives, projects, and training programs to build capacity and effectiveness.
- Act as a formal coach to leaders and colleagues.
- Consult with key stakeholders to assess needs and offer solutions to challenges, facilitate team performance improvement and change initiatives.
- Manage the current LMS system for internal training modules and continue to evaluate new systems processes, reporting, and self-service capabilities.
- Create and manage an operational training plan.
- Design and conduct development programs to support leadership and professional development such as learning series, communities of practice, mentoring programs, and establishing a cadre of trainers.
- Design, develop and deliver dynamic training courses, curriculum, content, tools, resources for team-specific and organization-wide initiatives.
- Provide technical assistance through all aspects of the learning experience: instructor-led, blended, technical, etc.
- Leverage a portfolio of delivery platforms including: discussions, role-playing, coaching, webinars, and other methods to encourage active participation and learner engagement
- Actively partners with Talent Development and colleagues across departments to ensure a common approach and consistency in developing, implementing, and maintaining programs that align the workforce with key business strategies and initiatives.
- Support Talent Development Team activities including performance management, professional development planning, wraparound feedback (aka 360 feedback), and succession planning.
- Support the development and execution of an overall learning strategy that delivers best in class training while increasing engagement and elevating the user experience
- Collaborate and consult with senior leadership to design and deliver an array of effective and targeted distance learning opportunities, including but not limited to; live virtual trainings, on-demand trainings, webinars, tutorials and online courses
- Collaborate with other department leads develop, execute and maintain a system of measurement on usage, efficacy and impact of learning opportunities
- Collaborate with the Technology Team to determine the most effective ways to utilize the current supported technology to maximize the distance learning program
- Serve as an internal knowledge resource for adult learning, instructional design, facilitation, change management, and other organizational development methodologies and tools.
- Recommend other technology tools to increase the capacity of the organization to design and deliver high quality virtual professional development
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple programs simultaneously and prioritizing in a fast-pace environment
- Knowledge of instructional design methodology and application of effective adult learning
- Ability to make formal presentations on a variety of work-related topics on a regular basis required
- Strong change management skills
- Continuous improvement mind set with current knowledge of adult learning principles, online learning tools, best practices in multiple learning modalities
- Proficient with best practices in adult distance education
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, externally and internally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to synthesize information into clear concise messages.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a virtual team environment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Windows, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Travel up to 20% of the time within the United States
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Human Resources, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience; master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in learning and development required, including virtual platform training in a complex organization; certified in adult learning strongly preferred
- Formal coaching education and experience strongly preferred
- Proven results with planning, creativity, and deployment of innovative learning initiatives linked to business outcomes.
- Experience with design and implementation of leadership development programs preferred.
- Experience with project management training and/or change management certification a plus
- Experience in administering learning management systems; experience with Cornerstone OnDemand preferred
- Experience in person and virtual delivery of content that engages learners, meets learning objectives, and embraces teachable moments
- Proven experience in delivering virtual training through best-in-class learning platforms such as Skype for Business
This job description is subject to change at any time.
compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to
verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to
complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon
hire. The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is proud to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.